In a non-wedding note, we are stuck in limbo.
The GTB and I put our home on the market last week (Monday). We had our first showing on Wednesday and an offer on Thursday!!! The good news is that we sold our home in record time. The bad news is that… (gulp) we’d officially be “homeless” on October 31 if we didn’t find our next home.
Well, after an exhaustive 20 home tour with our awesome realtors, we zoned in on 2 homes.
1. S. Minneapolis (just of 50th street, near Xerxes (LOVE the area!). The house is recently remodeled, the updates are all so thoughtful, the basement is perfect and there’s a great study just off the master bedroom. Swoon.
2. Edina. This home seem to have avoided being remodeled during it’s 50 years on this planet. The wallpaper is EXTENSIVE, the kitchen needs to be gutted (the oven is aqua enamel), but the location is AWESOME, there’s a ton of potential and the yard is 1/2 an acre!
These 2 homes are really 2 sides to a coin. Move-in ready, big-kid on the block beautiful home with a tiny yard or small-fry in a gorgeous neighborhood with lots of potential, that just needs to be shined up.
Well, it turns out that our decision between the two was made for us (and I couldn’t be HAPPIER!!!).
Stay tuned for more info….